On Thursday, September 21, 2000, 11:39:22 PM, Thomas wrote:

> Good. I will believe you. However, our sys-ad is of the opinion
> that M$ is great, and OE the best email client ever written. He
> says the monolithic approach of M$ is the most phantastic thing,
> and M$'s success shows that they're doing the right thing.

LOL. Assuming he's a Taiwanese, mind if I ask from which school did
he graduate? :)

> I puked when I received the first emails from my colleagues. It
> took a lot of missionary work to convert them to plain text, and
> in 90% that's what they send. I think the sysad doesn't like me
> any more.

Hum, doesn't OE send html mail in mixed format (i.e., a plain text
part is available)?

> Please let me know (step-by-step) how to switch OE's editor from
> Chinese (Big5), so I can distribute that in the company. Of course,
> you to send the Chinese version off-list <g>.

I've removed OE from my Win2k environment (and even if it's still
there, its menus and dialogs are in English). I'm not sure if it's
still on my Win98 system, for I haven't booted into Win98 for a long
time. I'll do that the next time I booted into Win98, if OE's still
there.

ML>> If TB wants to be really careful and prevent less-sophisticated
ML>> users from sending such mail, then set the default fonts for
ML>> the editing window to mono fonts should be enough, while
ML>> allowing people to use proportional fonts for viewing mail.

> Taking the "uncle" effect out of the application. After all, TB
> users are responsible grown-ups, aren't we. ;-)

Well, it's only the default. Responsible grown-ups can still change
it, don't we? :)

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.47 Beta/5 | Win2k SP1