On Sunday, September 24, 2000, 4:29:16 AM, John wrote:

>>   Is it a must to use IE? Or can Becky invoke any browser (let's
>>   say, through Windows' system default)? Just that I am tired of
>>   programmes forcing me to use specific progs. My banking
>>   software (proprietary from my bank) forces me to have IE
>>   installed even if I use another browser (surprise, surprise,
>>   it's Opera 4.02).

> No, you don't have to use IE.

I think it needs a little clarification. Indeed Becky v2 can launch
the default system browser you choose, but to view html email within
Becky you'll need IE installed. For this purpose Becky won't launch
IE, but it needs IE's ActiveX control. And as I said, you can't
change its encoding (and maybe some other settings) in anyway. Of
course, I can't speak for the current version, only up to beta 20 or
so.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.47 Beta/5 | Win2k SP1