On 04 Nov 2000, Peter Steiner wrote:

>Strictly speaking, it _is_ correct. If you look what exactly is
>written in the MIME-munged subject, you see that in front of the
>'Ich' is a =A0, which is a 'hard space' (in HTML-speak:  ).
>So it just looks like too much spaces, but there really is only
>one space, followed by a hard space.

Now I understand a lot better.

>You'll have to change your macro. Try replacing the first '\s' in
>the regexp with '[\s\xa0]'. But perhaps you should it leave it
>like it is, what if i _wanted_ to start a subject with a 'hard
>space'? Or is it time for a bug report to the developers of the
>mail client that put the =a0 in the subject in the first place?

The client that produced this header is Outlook Express. Another
reason to blame this client, I suppose. Do you know If anyone every
sucessfully contacet the developers of Outlook Express...?

How can you insert this =a0 manually in The Bat?

And last but not least: Can you tell me where to find more
information about this mime-encoding? Searching for "mime" at rfc-
editor.org returns 90 matches.

Thank you for your reply.

Bye, Patrice

--
The road to success is always under construction.