Hello again. I found an old archived message on the list with a bunch of free
webmail servers with IMAP support. I set up an account at both subdimension.com
and turbosport.com. Turbosport.com has 40MB of storage, for free, which seems
unbelievable to me.

Anyway, I found something curious. When I send myself mail (even from an
external source) TB is fine in retrieving it at the next poll (I poll every 1
min). But the problem arises the poll after that.... I get a duplicate. And
every poll after that too. So I opened the dispatcher and noticed that the
"receive" box is checked for all the messages. I wonder why.

Perhaps turbosport isn't properly setting the message in the IMAP box with a
"read" flag. Then each time TB polls, it sees the message is unread and
re-retrieves it. I know it's the same message because the Creation: date is the
same, but the Received: date is different. Speaking of which, where does that
mail headers, where is TB getting that info from?

If I set the message so that the "receive" box is unchecked, every poll after
that is fine, I get no more duplicates. But I tried sending another message to
myself at that address, and the problem re-occurs. So I am pretty sure
something/some flag is not being set correctly.

Anyway, I was just wondering if this is a correct assesment, that it's
turbosport.com's fault, not the Bat!'s.  I believe that to be the case since TB
works fine with other mail servers, I think.

--
Kiyan Azarbar
M.A. Linguistics