At 12:31:36 PM on Saturday, November 04, 2000, Ming-Li wrote:

> On Saturday, November 04, 2000, 6:42:06 AM, Kiyan wrote:

>> Speaking of which, where does that Received: field come from (in
>> the message list window)? It's not in the actual mail headers,
>> where is TB getting that info from?

> It's the time TB downloads the message from your server.

I realize that, but what I meant was.... where is it keeping the information? In
the mailbox database file? Because if it isn't in the headers and the logfiles,
I was wondering where it would be. Strange that TheBat should list something in
a message-list column that isn't actually in the headers. Then again neither is
file size.....

Do any of you use BOTH the Created and the Received field? I find them to be a
bit redundant, except in debugging mail paths, but then I always use headers
anyway, I don't care what time TB downloaded the message, I just care what time
the message was created by the sender and what time my inbound-SMTP server
received it to pass it off to my IMAP box.

--
Kiyan Azarbar
M.A. Linguistics