When I saw Brian's message about "Filters ",
I felt like making these comments:

ACM>> Location should be set to 'sender' or else you'll be changing the
ACM>> colour of a lot of messages that aren't from you.

BC> Yes, I tired that first. No effect; that's why I chose Anywhere. But I
BC> don't understand how it would change the color of messages not from
BC> me? I mean, I hope there is only one [EMAIL PROTECTED] :-)

Look in the headers of every message sent to the address
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and you'll see the said address in the headers.
Take this message from you to which I'm replying. In the headers is:

     mail.kasnet.com (Vircom SMTPRS 4.4.184) with ESMTP id
     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                        That's my address in it. If I
                                        set up my colour code filter the
                                        way you did, this TBUDL message
                                        would be colour coded as a
                                        message from myself. You have to
                                        set the location to 'sender'.

BC>>> Regular expressions: checked for the heck of it.
ACM>>                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ACM>>                          NOOO!!! Not for the heck of it. Switch it off!!
ACM>>                          It will treat your address as a regular
ACM>>                          expression, although in your case the only
ACM>>                          metacharacter present is '.' and it being there
ACM>>                          shouldn't pose a problem.

BC> LOL. OMG, yeah I should have known that. But it should still pick up in
BC> this case, as you mentioned.

Phew!! I'm glad you took the exclamations in the right spirit. <vbg>

BC> Ahh, the Advanced tab setting was the problem. :-D

Yes, this was what was making it not work at all.

BC> I'm too lazy to send test messages to myself. Heheheh.. really,
BC> almost.

Go into your network& administration settings and enable "allow local
delivery". This makes you able to test incoming filters without using
the mail server. You can easily resend any of your messages instead of
creating new ones to send, changing the To: address accordingly. It's
really no big deal. :=)

BC> Thanks for your help in finding the solution.

No problem. :=)

- --
 |     A. Curtis Martin  [List Moderator TBUDL/TBBETA]      |
 | PGPKey: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey |
@_@   (Opinions given are mine and not those of RITLABS)   @_@

'Save the whales. Collect the whole set.'
TB! v1.48 Beta/7 | Windows NT 5.00.2195 (Service Pack 1)