I thought I'd comment on Brian Clark's contribution to the list,
sent on Sun, 19 Nov 2000 20:00:19 -0500:

BC> Personally, I can't get the color groups and filters to work together.

BC> I've tried setting up a filter to highlight any e-mail sent by me navy
BC> blue.

BC> Incoming filter is as follows:

BC> Name: Brian Clark
BC> Source Folder: Inbox
BC> Move messages to folder: Inbox
BC> Strings: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                ^^
                                is this 'om' or 'com'?
BC> Location: Anywhere

Location should be set to 'sender' or else you'll be changing the colour
of a lot of messages that aren't from you.

BC> Present: Yes
BC> Rule is: Active

BC> Under Actions Tab:

BC> Set messages colour group to: Myself (this is a color group I made,
BC> obviously)

BC> Options tab:

BC> Continue processing with other filters : checked
BC> Regular expressions: checked for the heck of it.
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                         NOOO!!! Not for the heck of it. Switch it off!!
                         It will treat your address as a regular
                         expression, although in your case the only
                         metacharacter present is '.' and it being there
                         shouldn't pose a problem.

BC> Advanced tab:

BC> Message is associated with a Colour Group: Myself

Switch this off. The message is not yet colour coded so this will break
your filter. This option is telling the rule to attempt a match only on
messages colour coded as 'myself'. But no incoming message has been so
coded as yet.

BC> I also placed a copy of the same filter in Read Messages filters, as
BC> well. Same settings.

What is your aim with the read messages filter.

- --
 |     A. Curtic Martin  [List Moderator TBUDL/TBBETA]      |
 | PGPKey: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey |
@_@   (Opinions given are mine and not those of RITLABS)   @_@

'My other computer is a HAL 9000.'
TB! v1.48 Beta/7 | Windows NT 5.00.2195 (Service Pack 1)