Thanks for the advice, Brian.  Unfortunately, I
checked all those three, and they seem to be fine.
The Bat! does receive before trying to send, I do have
the Yahoo! address as the From address for that
account, and if my ISP is blocking outgoing mal
servers, that's news to me.  I can certainly check on
it, though.

mcb

(MCB == "Melissa Cameron Barsic") [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

MCB> I'm using The Bat! version 1.47 Halloween update,
MCB> under Windows 98.  The problem started ... at
least a
MCB> week ago.  I'm not sure of its exact duration.
The
MCB> account in question here is the one I'm using to
send
MCB> this e-mail, my Yahoo! mail account.

MCB> The problem is:  I can receive messages from the
MCB> servers for each of the two accounts I have on
this
MCB> version of The Bat!.  However, when I try to
reply to
MCB> a message, The Bat! hangs on the "Connecting to
MCB> server" dialog box and eventually tells me it
can't
MCB> connect to the server.  It then files the unsent
MCB> messages in my outbox.

MCB> I can send messages from the web client for
Yahoo!
MCB> mail, just not from The Bat! as a desktop client.

Brain writes:
I had the same problem when I switched to Yahoo! from
Hotmail.

Log into your web-based account (in your browser),
then go to 'Help
Desk', then go to 'POP Access and Forwarding' then go
to 'Why am I
having difficulty sending Yahoo! Mail messages from an
email client?'

Check out the first item listed I that section:
<snip>
The first step solved my problem.

-Brian
--
In computing, the mean time to failure keeps getting shorter.

=====
"A good book is the precious lifeblood of a master spirit." -- Milton

http://shopping.yahoo.com/