On 09-12-2000 at 19:48:54GMT -0500 (which was 0:48 where I live)
Jan Rifkinson wrote regarding the subject of "just curious: can messages be
automatically marked as read?"

JR> Hello Manfred,

JR>           In a post time stamped re: "just curious: can messages be
JR>           automatically marked as read?" you wrote:

Manfred>> I haven't been able to find this in the help file, it's not
Manfred>> very well indexed.

JR>  Help -> Find

JR>  1. enter "time interval"

JR>  resulting in 2. "...interval"

JR>  Select 3 "Account preferences"

JR>  Scroll down to "Time of reading to mark message as read"

JR>  Maybe you will interpret this short paragraph differently than I did.

Hello Jan,

The help text:

Time of reading to mark a message as read - within this time interval,
unread messages will retain their status. As soon as an unread message is
marked as read, some actions may take place (Read Mail sorting rules,
generation of Reading confirmation)

belongs to the  Account properties-options dialog box!!

The time interval in the filter advanced tab really means at real time like
14.00-18.00, at least as understand it.

Therefore Alexander's request cannot be helped this way.

At least these are my conclusions.

Regards

--
Manfred

using TheBat 1.48 Beta/11 on Windows 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 1, RC 1.1

Hell hath no fury like moderator of HOLYSMOKE.