On Thursday, December 21, 2000, 3:35:59 AM, Dierk wrote:

>   Wow, today I learn that the documentation for TB! is very bad,
>   indeed.

The change you described is documented in the readme.txt. Before the
help file get its long-overdue revision, please do check the
readme.txt for new features, changes, etc.

>   The  old way is - no nostalgia intended - better: If you don't
>   fill in a password, you get prompted every time you check your
>   mail!

They seem to change it to accommodate the request by some people
that want TB to remember password on a per session basis. IOW, If
the password is left blank, TB would prompt you for it the first
time, then it'll remember it for the rest of the session only
(unless the "update account data" option is checked).

When I tried just now, however, it didn't behave that way. TB did
prompt me the first time (so I've no idea why you couldn't check
mail on GMX), but then it remember it *forever*. I.e., even after I
shut down and restarted TB, it could still check mail for that
account, even though the password field was still blank (I didn't
check the "update account data" option when typing in the password).
Could someone confirm this?

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.48f | Win2k SP1