Hi Dierk,

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000 23:21:16 +0100GMT (22/12/2000, 06:21 +0800GMT),
Dierk Haasis wrote:

>>> When I tried just now, however, it didn't behave that way. TB did
>>> prompt me the first time (so I've no idea why you couldn't check
>>> mail on GMX), but then it remember it *forever*. I.e., even after I
>>> shut down and restarted TB, it could still check mail for that
>>> account, even though the password field was still blank (I didn't
>>> check the "update account data" option when typing in the password).
>>> Could someone confirm this?

No. TB aks me every single time when I do a POP-check.

Which was the exact setting you refer to when you said that TB will
remember the password "for this session only"? For me, TB either
remembers permanently (if I so wish), or not all.

DH>       When  I  first  used 1.48 it could be that I mistyped my password,
DH>       which  is  not shown on the screen (and that's fine with me). So I
DH>       couldn't  log  in,  but TB! remembered the password with typo,

Smart. <g>

DH>  And something else is seen, sometimes it is good to have a mailing list
DH>  to discuss problems - even with oneself ;-).

You're welcome. To improve things even more, you can create a mailing
list for yourself on egroups - it's free. ;-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.48f
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.