Hello Ming-Li!

On Thursday, December 21, 2000 at 4:04:19 PM you wrote:

> On Thursday, December 21, 2000, 3:35:59 AM, Dierk wrote:

> The change you described is documented in the readme.txt. Before the
> help file get its long-overdue revision, please do check the
> readme.txt for new features, changes, etc.

Here is the original text:

     [*] New POP3 password dialogue box is not more popping up during POP3
     session if not needed. Also, if it is configured to always prompt for
     POP3 password, The Bat! does not offer to update account data.

I do not find it very informative - but that may be my fault. BTW, it is
"hidden"  in  a  very  big  text, which is not particularly arranged for
readability.

Considering  that  this change concerns security it could have been more
prominently  featured.  Interestingly after checking the "Don't remember
..." checkbox under "Authentication" the appearance of the POP3 dialogue
changes  (button "Change ..."). I recommend to place the checkbox on the
first  page  -  not  hidden  behind  a  button,  so  anybody will see it
immediately.

> When I tried just now, however, it didn't behave that way. TB did
> prompt me the first time (so I've no idea why you couldn't check
> mail on GMX), but then it remember it *forever*. I.e., even after I
> shut down and restarted TB, it could still check mail for that
> account, even though the password field was still blank (I didn't
> check the "update account data" option when typing in the password).
> Could someone confirm this?

This sounds worse then my problem - securitywise ...

- --
Dierk Haasis

PGP keys available: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.48f

Windows 95 4.0 1212 C

To live is like to love
all reason is against it
and all healthy instinct for it. (Samuel Butler)