Hello!

Friday, January 05, 2001, 3:41:32 AM, Olivier Reubens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>1.  Set up a separate account for each email address you use.
>>
>>2.  Set each of the accounts up with the appropriate POP3 server
>>info, including username and password.  But, for the SMTP (send)
>>server, enter in the server at the ISP you are connected to.
>>
>>This way you don't have to filter the mail.  The 'From' will have
>>the correct address.  Works OK.
OR> Well, it will work if the ISP remains the same forever. But this isn't
OR> the case.  It depends where I am which ISP I'll connect to.  Having to
OR> go through all the accounts to change the settings doesn't seem like a
OR> very good way to go about this.

Then ask one of your ISPs for the so-called SMTP authentication on one
of the SMTP servers. After that you just need to enter the server name
and the related auth data (username and password) into the account
properties - as many as you need. Be sure that no one of the domains
you're using for you e-mail aren't blocked at this SMTP server.

--

Yours sincerely,

Andrey G. Sergeev (AKA Andris)     http://www.andris.msk.ru/