On Fri, 05 Jan 2001 00:03:12 +0100, Olivier wrote these words of wisdom:

[..trimmed..]

OR> None  of  the  Belgium  ISP's however support relaying. I get
OR> 'Relaying Denied' messages if I try. which brings me to problem 1.

OR> 1) If I have received an e-mail into one of the mailboxes of an
OR> account which ISP I'm not connected to at the moment, I CAN
OR> retrieve the mail, but when replying it'll fail (relaying denied).
OR> I can solve this from the mail-edit window via Options, Active
OR> account, but I need to change it for each message. Is there a way
OR> to "lock" which account to use for sending messages.

You could use the %Account macro in your templates.

If you wish to always reply using a particular account, then in your
reply template, place at the end %Account="<desired account's name>"

Since you can define different templates for different folders, you
can be very flexible and versatile and yet maintain automaticity with
the %Account="" macro.

OR> I don't mind the originating address to mismatch the "from"
OR> address which they will reply to. Most aren't smart enough to
OR> figure out how to obtain the real originating address anyway :-)

Sure. :=) You can define the from or Reply-to address on a per-folder
basis and via templates as well.

%FROM="" and %Replyto=""

OR> 2) I have multiple mail names at several of my mail accounts (ex.
OR> [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] When
OR> checking mail, I can neatly put mail for each mail name into it's own
OR> "inbox" (inbox sales, inbox support...) folders with a filter, haven't
OR> done that yet, but I guess it's easy enough.
OR> But, how do I define how to set another "From:" address when I reply
OR> to a mail from any of said inboxes.

The template macros as above. Or via each folders identity settings
found in each folders properties.

[..rest trimmed for brevity..]

- --
 |     A. Curtis Martin  [List Moderator TBUDL/TBBETA]      |
 | PGPKey: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey |
@_@   (Opinions given are mine and not those of RITLABS)   @_@
TB! v1.48h | Windows NT 5.00.2195 (Service Pack 1)