Hallo Douglas,

On Mon, 08 Jan 2001 10:31:07 -0600 GMT (09/01/2001, 00:31 +0800 GMT),
Douglas Hinds wrote:

DH> Would it do me any good to compress if TB! is nearly always open?

Yes, because that will rid the message base of the deleted messages.
You see, deleted messages only get a "deleted flag" and are not taken
out of the message base, so it grows and grows. Only Compressing would
actually do the clean-up.

That's several MB per day saved on my office PC. :-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

On the menu of a Swiss restaurant: Our wines leave you nothing to hope for.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.49
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using an Intel Celeron 366Mhz, 128MB RAM