On Sat, 13 Jan 2001 06:45:30 +0100, you wrote:

>But, nothing I suggested will prevent you from this. Simply set up as
>many mailboxes as you like and let each have it own "From" and
>"Reply"-name - but let all have *the same* smtp-settings. I promise
>you, that this will work, as I am doing it currently!
It would require an SMTP that allows me to connect and use regardless
of where I connected from. And I haven't found one of those yet.
Still need to check the ones you gave, will get you an answer on that
soon :-)

>But you have no viable alternative because your ISP's do not *allow*
>you any alternative. Who is dictating then?
The ISPA (local governing body for belgium ISP's) and EuroISPA (same
but for europe) do not allow belgium (european) ISP's to have open
SMTP servers.

>What I meant was this: If you start using one of the suggested
>addresses and get your various correspondents used to send to *that*
>address, you'll be able to enjoy the benefits of using a *web-account*
>for sending and retrieving mail - namely, the benefit of reading your
>mail where ever there is a device with a browser. After your messages
>are read on the web-interface of your web-account, you just mark them
>all "unread" and they are ready for TB to download them when you get
>home to your PC.
I don't WANT webmail. I hate it, tried using hotmail for our mail
needs once. It's slow, uncomfortable and requires you to be connected
to read mail. Something I definately don't want to do when I'm using
the GSM to dial into.
Customers should send inquiries/questions... to the mailboxes of the
company (domain) they're interested in.  And even after 1 year of
abandonning the trial we still get occasional mails there.  Don't
wanna go there again.