On Saturday, February 24, 2001, 8:39:33 AM, Keith wrote:

> One more question: I do have a backup from a couple of months ago.
> Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can restore my Inbox from
> there without losing messages from the other folders? Will it
> overwrite existing messages, overwrite the entire folders, create
> duplicates, or what?

How did you do your backup--with TB's backup tool or not? TB's
backup tool seems to facilitate only all-or-none restoration (I've
never tried, so somebody please correct me if I'm wrong here). If
you choose to restore mail folders, it would restore all mail
folrders -- of course by overwriting existing ones.

If you did it manually (with an archive utility, backup utility, or
plain file copying), then you may just restore the Inbox directory.

If you used TB's backup tool, then you may copy all your mail
folders to another location with your file manager (when TB is
closed), and copy all other folders except the Inbox back after the
restoration.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.49e | Win2k SP1