Hi Alexander,

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001 20:17:35 +0100GMT (26/02/2001, 03:17 +0800GMT),
Alexander Levenetz wrote:

>> Double-click on the MT.

AL> Nothing happens. Does this maybe have to do that there is no new
AL> message in my inbox but only in other folders? Message age: nothing
AL> set.

Oh? If there are any messages in the MT, these are new, and these
should be listed in the virutal folder that opens. Of course, I have
set my MT to "show automtically", so if there are not new messages,
mine won't show.

If you have set your to "show always" (see Option / Mail Ticker in the
main menu), then it will also show with "0 messages new", and no
virtual folder will open. (It would be empty anyway.)

Therefore, try double-clicking on the MT when there are new messages.

>> A View folder window opens, which contains all
>> unread messages that are announced in the MT.

AL> Sounds like not every new message is announced in the MT??

Correct. In the folder options, you can choose not to show new
messages in the mail ticker. Most people will use the mail ticker for
personal messages (considered urgent), but disable it for folders into
which they receive newsletters or mailing list traffic.

AL> I have the feeling that something is not working correctly here on my
AL> system :-)

I think we'll have to check your settings a bit further. ;-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste. Anmeldung unter:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.49f
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.