Hello Christian!

On Wednesday, May 16, 2001 at 9:31:46 PM you wrote:

>   Security stuff, PGP S/MIME

That was the foremost feature that sold me on TB! (after using and not
being able to update Eudora).

>   The network functionality

Not a few people asked for more recently.

>   The mail dispatcher

Without it I couldn't have solved a problem with a message that wasn't
d'l correctly and therefore not deleted on the server.

>   Macros

Another point that sold me on TB!.

>   Quick templates

Admittedly it took time for me to "discover" them, but once you find
them, they are indispensable.

>   Message list colors

This feature should be improved (together with flagging) to make it
really versatile even for net newbies.

A few points missed by those liking a lite version:

1. TB! is a professional's choice (and marketed as such).

2. If you want a lite version go back to 1.37 or earlier.

3. Even without those "esoteric" features TB! would not be easier to
use. Take PGP or S/MIME out and you have nothing changed handlingwise.

4. Not one of the features mentioned will make it easier for newbies
if left out.

5. TB! is very fast. The only thing taking a moment (and not more!) is
its call of the PGP plug-in. But plug-in calling always takes more
time than calling built-in code (in my experience).

6. I wouldn't have bought TB! if I could have tested only crippleware.

7. Are we sure there would be a customer boost with a cheaper lite
version? And, can RITLabs handle it?

- --
Dierk Haasis

PGP keys available: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.53 Beta/6

Windows 95 4.0 1212 C

The graveyards are full of people who rushed in bravely but unwisely.
(Terry Pratchett)