Hello Timothy,

Friday, August 31, 2001, 8:18:23 AM, you wrote:

TJL> ZoneAlarm does not want to let TheBat access the Internet,
TJL> especially for *sending* email, even though it is listed in the
TJL> list of Programs in ZoneAlarm that are allowed Internet access.

TJL> Is anyone else having this problem?

Do you get a message that access is blocked or does it just not go
through? I used ZoneAlarm Pro and Win2k on my laptop for a while - I
found that it worked most of the time, but occasionally, for no
apparent reason, I would be unable to access e-mail. Shutting down
ZoneAlarm and restarting it always fixed the problem, but it got too
annoying and I finally switched firewalls. However, I had no problems
at all using various (free) versions of ZoneAlarm on this computer,
running WinNT4, so it seems to be strictly a Win2k issue (I've also
heard of other people having problems of various kinds with ZoneAlarm
and Win2k).

 Shauna                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! version 1.54 Beta/7 on Windows NT 4.0 SP6