Hello Jan,

JR> Hello Shauna,
JR> Shauna> [...] I finally switched firewalls. [...]

JR>   May I ask what firewall you switched to? And how do you like
JR>   it?

I'm using EZ Trust Firewall. It comes in a package with their
anti-virus program (which used to be InnoculateIT PE). I'm more or
less happy with it - it seems to do the job, but I find it less
user-friendly than ZoneAlarm. The thing I like least about it is that
it blocks everything, incoming and outgoing, by IP address only. So if
I want to put a selective block on outgoing traffic, I have to do
things like specifically allow access to every web site I visit, which
quickly becomes a real pain. So I mainly go with the default settings,
which allow all outgoing traffic and only specified incoming traffic
(and I don't have any specified). The other thing I don't like is that
trying to use MAPI to call up TB results in at least 2 warning
messages every time - I haven't figured out a way to disable that (it
seems to be the "DeskShield" component that gives the warnings, and
there's no configuration options that I can find). Still, as I say, it
seems to do the job and it's less annoying than ZoneAlarm was, so
it'll do until I have time to look for something better.

 Shauna                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! version 1.54 Beta/7 on Windows NT 4.0 SP6