On  Wednesday, September 05, 2001 at 10:36 PM
Craig S. Reeder tickled the keyboard keys on the subject of:
"TB! V1.54 Beta/7 - virus".
My response follows:

CSR> Hello Jan,

CSR> Wednesday, September 05, 2001, 9:19:04 AM, you wrote:

JR>>    PC-cillin has reported a virus named
JR>>    PE_MAGISTR.DAM on my system. Source is TB.
JR>>    PC-cillin can't clean or delete it.

CSR> I promised myself I would contact the group tonight when I got home
CSR> about the same message I received after updating my virus signature
CSR> update for Innoculate IT this morning. Immediately I was greeted with a
CSR> similar message stating that "thebat.exe" was infected and could not be
CSR> cleaned. This happened out of the clear blue sky. I deleted
CSR> "thebat.exe", re-installed with the 1.53d archive and got the same
CSR> message again. Removed Innoculate IT, installed evaluation version of
CSR> NOD32, updated it and all was well. Bad virus update sig from Innoculate
CSR> IT? Now the question remains - Anyone familiar with how to configure
CSR> NOD32's pop protection for the Bat? I tried their suggestion, but I
CSR> guess it eludes me.

I am running NAV2002 (8.0) and have the latest virus definition files
(9/5/01 as of the writing of this message). I did a complete system scan, then a scan
of just TheBat!
directory ... no virus found.

--
Jody
The ULTIMATE security fix/patch for LookOut! and LookOut! Express ...

Thought / Fact / Joke of the day ....
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?