Thursday, September 06, 2001, 3:36:00 PM, Craig wrote:

CSR> Anyone familiar with how to configure
CSR> NOD32's pop protection for the Bat? I tried their suggestion, but
CSR> guess it eludes me.

Hi Craig,

I am sure that Melissa will be along soon to help you, but I'll have a
go in the meantime! (she helped me set it up not so long ago - setup
eluded me also!)

Go to account properties in TB! for each account.
Under "Transport" enter "localhost" (without the quotes) in the "Mail
Server" box.

Then go to the NOD Pop scanner. Click on the "setup" button.
There you will see a box at the bottom labelled "accounts".
Click on "Setup".
Here is where you add each account individually.
A box will come up to add an account.
In the "Parent Server" box enter your account eg: POP.gmx.co.uk
In the little box on the right enter 110
In the top box "Listen on" you have to enter a port number. It is
suggested that you choose a number over 10500 - say 10501 or whatever
number you like. (I do not totally understand all this port stuff but
it seems any number above 10500 will do!)
Click OK and you should see your account has been added to the
accounts box.

Now, go back to the "account properties" in TB! and under "Mail
Management" in the POP3 box - enter the Port number that you chose for
the account in the POP scanner setup eg: the 10500+ number.

Repeat this for all accounts - selecting a different port number for
each account.

I hope that I haven't forgotten anything. I am sure if I have left
anything out Melissa will fill in the gaps! (Hi Melissa!)

- --
Carren

For PGP Key:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=PGPkey