On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:57:57 -0400, Ciprian Tutu [CT] graced us with
these comments:
CT> Here are a several suggestions for improvements and questions.

CT> 1. First of all, does anyone else use a similar setup?

I don't.

CT> If so do you have any suggestions as to how to deal better with
CT> it?

Nothing short of jumping hoops. The synchronisation process at present
is done manually. I'd imagine that a batch process could be created to
copy the updated installation on top of the other and do the same for
the registry. :-/

CT> 2. Could you add the possibility to synchronize the sorting filters as
CT> well? I would rather set them up in one place (wherever I happen to be
CT> as I need them) and then just update the other machine through
CT> synchronization.

CT> 3. Same for templates. Both system, folder and AB.

This is already there. IF you look in the synchronisation panel.
You'll see the options to synchronise AB and account properties.
Templates are stored at various levels so if you synchronise the account
properties, the quick templates will be synchronised. For folder
templates, synchronising the folders will do this. For address book
templates, synchronising the address book will do this.

IOW's, you can completely synchronise the settings etc. I did this
regularly between The Bat! and SecureBat! for some time.

CT> 4. Can the synchronization be executed directly using a network
CT> connection between the two clients? I realize this would mean
CT> adding a whole new functionality and possibility of
CT> vulnerabilities to the client, but... it would be nice.

This would be a great addition.

CT> 5. Finally, I remember trying to update the AB using the
CT> synchronize and it didn't seem to work. I didn't look too much
CT> into it at the time, so maybe I was doing something wrong, but I
CT> was wondering if it really works and if so if it includes the AB
CT> Templates as well.

It always worked for me. <shrug>

- --
©Allie C Martin  ••  List Moderator (and fellow end-user)
PGP public key: http://pgpkey.ac-martin.com
MUA: The Bat! 1.54 Beta/9 [OS: Windows 2000 Service Pack 2]

_