Thanks to all for valuable input and especially to Peter for the 'Leav msgs
on server' tip.  I'll try this out, and it seems to be a great tip.

One of you asked if user1...user20 would use the same notebook for messaging
in the bush, and I confirm that.

Unfortunately the radio mail server is a commercial site which our server is
just forwarding our messages to, so it would cost us a fortune if we need to
create an account for each user with them.  So I realize that I cannot use
separate user accounts which fetch msgs from one multidrop pop account with
TB.

My option is obviously to have one account and automatically filter the
received msgs into separate folders for each user.  I have some questions
regarding this:

If we decide to use TB with our scenario in this mode, what about changing
the 'Sender' and Reply to' address for the different users.  Does it exist
an elegant way to do this?

Secondly, would it be possible for several users to automatically copy sent
msgs to their 'own' sent mail' folder?

I realize that you answer is probably negative to the two questions above
and that my only option is to have TB manage separate user profiles linked
to separate pop3 accounts.  But maybe someone has a good suggestion up the
sleeve??

Anyway I would like to thank for the enthusiasm and willingness to help I
have encountered in this group.

regards

Tor