On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 21:27:09 +0100, Tor Tveitane [TT] graced us with
these comments:
TT> My TB is configured as Workstation with TCP-IP. Is that correct for my
TT> scenario?

That should work, yes.

TT> I have created an account named 'admin' with dialup connection set
TT> and also some user accounts named user1..user4 I have filled in
TT> names and addresses. One of you mentioned the term 'Master
TT> account', is that just a name on one of the accounts or is it a
TT> special 'Default' account...?

I think they're referring here to the administrator account, the
account from which all other user accounts will be seen. This is the
account that you will be using and you cannot hide other accounts from
view when using this account.

TT> Then I started creating rules for incoming msgs for my Admin account
TT> ... etc // this should do for outgoing msgs..

That all looked fine.

TT> I have set all accounts but Admin to User type and checked every
TT> restriction for all users.

Good. You should be cooking. :-)

TT> What does Options/Network and Administration/Network/Local
TT> Delivery mean? If user1 sends a msg to user2 wil that msg be
TT> livered directly to user2's inbox w/o going through the server?

That's correct.

TT> How do I "Disable the 'check mail' options in all other user accounts."??
TT> One you you mentioned that in a reply.

Account Properties // Options // Ignore Check all accounts request.

TT> Now to your comment: "What you will then need to do is to have a
TT> standard template in each user account which includes
TT> %Account="Master_Account" (or whatever name you give). This will
TT> ensure that all mails created are put in the out box of the master
TT> account."

That's right.

TT> With the above I need some more hints. When I open
TT> Account/properties/templates I have the option to 'Edit Quick
TT> Templates' or select any template type Tree node.

You don't have the option to edit quick templates here. You have the
option of editing account template. Just place the template in the new
message, reply and forward templates. Placing it at the bottom of the
template should be OK.

TT> Does each account have their separate personal address book

Each account can have a default address book and an address book can
be created for each account. However, AFAIK, this isn't secure, in
that all users will be able to see each others address book.

TT> and is the address book named <default> common for all accounts?

Each account can be assigned its own default address book.

TT> Does it exist a way to rearrange the order of the user accounts (in the
TT> admin folder view)?

Yes. Hold down the <Alt> key while dragging them around.

TT> Duhhhh. This wil take the breath off the most of you, however I'm
TT> more and more impressed with all the options of TB.

You've only scratched the surface with regards to some functionality. :-)

TT> My concern is just how I can teach our local computer guy to
TT> edit/add/delete users as the staff changes.

The user manager is pretty straight forward to use isn't it?

--
  ©Allie C Martin   (_ List Moderator and fellow end user