On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 23:17:51 +0100, Tor Tveitane [TT] wrote these
comments:
TT> Thanks for the light!

My pleasure. That's what we're here for.

TT> So would one user's New Message template look like this?:

Exactly. :-)

The account macro instructs TB! to make the necessary adjustments. The
text will not be outputted for the user to see. Take for example my
template for my signature below:

©Allie C Martin  --  List Moderator and fellow end-user
 PGPKey - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=PGPPubKey1
 [MUA: %Qinclude="tbv"  (*)  OS: Win2K %Qinclude="sp"]
__
%FROM="Allie C Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"%- |
%ISSIGNATURE%-                               | --> All of these macros
%Signcomplete%-                              | --> are just to make other
%Org=""%Org="The Bat! users group"           |     configuration changes

TT> .. and I include the " %Account="admin" " text in the New Message,
TT> Reply and Forward templates of each user? (Or have I misunderstood
TT> this...)

Yes. You'd have to do this.

TT> Does it exist a way to dialup and send/receive msgs w/o opening
TT> the admin all users folder view?

Each account has it's own dial-up options that you can set. Just look
in the account properties. Go in the Network section and enable 'Use
account specific network settings' and go.

TT> It would be nice if there is a command line switch or some kiind
TT> of macro or script to enable the admin account to dialup
TT> (silently) w/o displaying all the user folders.

I'm not sure about this one.

TT> As the options are virtually unlimited with TB I'm sure I can have
TT> this done in several ways <VBG>.

You could have a really great setup if you added a local mail server
in the picture and let the mail-server do the intermittent connecting.
The local mail-server would also enhance your flexibility and it
wouldn't matter from which account the messages were sent since you'd
be running your own SMTP server. There are freeware solutions like
Mercury/32 available and there's MDaemon which I use.

- --
©Allie C Martin  --  List Moderator and fellow end-user
 PGPKey - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=PGPPubKey1
 [MUA: TB! v1.54/10  (*)  OS: Win2K SP 2]
__