Hi Yuki,

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 07:49:47 +0900GMT (28/11/2001, 06:49 +0800GMT),
Yuki Taga wrote:

YT> Seemingly out of nowhere, TB no longer polls my pop3 server when I
YT> open it when there is no connection active.  It does summon the
YT> dialer, as it always has, but it does not poll the server, and there
YT> is no download.  Once the connection establishes, F2 causes an
YT> immediate poll and download, as it should.  If I open TB when there
YT> is an active connection already established, behavior is normal (poll
YT> and download).

OK, let me get this straight: you have TB set to check mail every xx
minutes. You open TB now. The connection was established earlier, TB
will check mail. If the connection has not been established, TB dials
but does not check mail?

YT> I am sure this is new behavior, where I have to initiate a poll
YT> via F2 when a new connection is established, but I cannot account
YT> for any system configuration change that might have caused this.

TB's behaviour has always been described as such that it will not
automatically check mail if you did not tick "check amil on startup"
and you did not hit F2/alt-F2. The first mail check must be
initialised manually for the check mail every xx option to kick in.

My personal experience (on cable, so the connection is always
established before TB starts) is that I don't need to do anything. I
start TB, and after 10 minutes, mail will be checked.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste. Anmeldung unter:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.53t
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.