On Saturday, December 01, 2001 7:36:16 AM, Nick Andriash wrote:

> At 12:47 AM 01/12/01, Don Zeigler wrote:

>>The Bat *needs* to be able to compose in html format. As far as
>>viewing html mails, we should have the option of using the Bat's
>>built-in limited viewer (which is enought for my own needs, anyhow) or
>>selecting Microsoft's viewer if we want to see the mail with images,
>>etc.

> Negative! If people want to see all that fancy HTML, then they can use a
> Browser to view it, which is what HTML was designed for. I would have to
> disagree with you that TB! 'needs' to be able to do HTML anything. What you
> are proposing is an Outlook 'wannabe', and I for one hope RITLabs never
> entertain going that route.

I agree wholeheartedly. My experience is that 99% of the people who
use html in their mails even don't know that they do so. They are just
the victims of the default options of Outlook. Spammers use html
deliberately, but I don't feel obliged to support them. The Bat!
shouldn't become an Outlook clone, it is just the difference that
makes it an attractive and safe alternative. No use for wasting
resources for an option that is deliberately used only by a few
percent of the population. Let them muddle with Outlook.

Peter Smitt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.xs4all.nl/~psmitt
http://www.fine-art.com/psmitt