@ 10:17:51 -0500 [ Sat, 8 Dec 2001], Don Zeigler [DZ] wrote these
words of wisdom:
DZ> It doesn't bother me that much -- TB does what I need it to do for
DZ> now, any any new features, to me, are nothing but gravy. I'll
DZ> agree that the pace of development has been a little slow,

I disagree here and am of the view that the pace of TB! development
has been very quick. A LOT has happened to TB! since I started using
it in 1999 and the version then was 1.31 (I think).:-) It's just that
the version numbers have been going up in much smaller increments when
compared to other software undergoing similar enhancement/development.
For example, when the message base format for TB! was changed, the
version number moved from v1.41 to v1.42. When the interface got a
face lift in terms of the consolidation of options and the CC, the
version number jumped from 1.52 to 1.53. There are numerous other
examples of major enhancements being reflected by small increases in
version number including:

Numerous new macros and making macro recursive.

Message List Colouring

Backup/Restore and Synchronising functionality

GnuPG Support

Message memos.

Source viewer

Kill-filter revamping

There are even more radical enhancements that are being tested in the
v1.54 betas and this is only a move from v1.53.

So, if you're going to assess development based on version numbering.
you'll be sorely disappointed. Though v2 has been long in coming, I've
been quite content since development has certainly progressed in the
interim. Many are however impatient because v2 is slated to have some
important interface enhancements such as customisable toolbars,
remappable keyboard shortcuts, an alternate editor, plug-in support
among other things.

--
     |  TB! v1.54 Beta/15 & Win2K SP 2
PGPKey - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=PGPPubKey1
__