Hello Thomas!

On 13 Dec 2001 at 08:23:49 you wrote:

> No, I think v2.0 might humbly be called v1.54.

Maybe the main problem lies with the continual development . We are
accustomed to pay for even minor steps up every year with major
companies' software, i.e. MS Word2K->XP or CorelDraw 9->10.

Small companies and single developers ("shareware") tend to improve
their products constantly, examples are RITLabs, Jens Fangmeier
(Feurio!). They also use the originally intended version numbering
scheme. Some products seem to never even get to a release number
(1.0), i.e. Exact Audio Copy or Mozilla.

Now, since major revisions (1.x->2.x) usually go hand in hand with new
pricing and an upgrade fee it can be quite unnerving to hear that TB!
1.54 could be the first 2.0.

Fangmeier some weeks ago announced a 2.0 version of Feurio! for the
near future, telling us that 1.xx will not be developed further except
for some driver fixes. He also told us that we won't have to pay an
upgrade fee.

All this therefore comes back to RITLabs' marketing, and as long as I
don't get paid for it I won't tell them in that department. ;-))

> If you get your climax from a version number, we are different. I
> get mine from functionality and, well, the interface. [Remark: This
> last sentence is a lie. I do have a social life, with real people in
> the Real World®. <g>]

So in real life you won't get off* on functionality and interface? Are
you sure you do live in the real world, or do you actually mean the
world created by a software company called RealMedia? ;-)

*To the moderators: Sorry, I couldn't resist.

- --
Dierk Haasis
http://www.Write4U.de
http://Interest.Write4U.de/pongo

PGP keys available: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.54 Beta/14 on Windows 95 4.0 67306684 C

Don't let a little dispute injure a friendship.