Wednesday, December 19, 2001, 2:42:33 PM, Peter Palmreuther wrote:

> Hello Geoff,

> On 19 Dec 2001 at 15:02:26 you wrote (at least in part):

GL>> I can't find a way to edit the subject directly. However, I know that
GL>> I can move the message to the outbox, edit it, then move it back to
GL>> the Inbox. Is this the only way?

> Yes, it is. The Bat! is not designed to easily alter messages after
> receiving.

> But for your purposes I'd suggest using the 'Memo' field ...

Hi Pit, and thanks.

I suspected that my kludge was the only way. Unfortunately, that
doesn't preserve the received date -- so I can't rely on the
"timestamp" after editing the subject line.

Your suggestion to use the memo field looks more promising. That's two
suggested uses for memos that I've seen in as many days. Having come
over from Outlook, I'm still suffering with culture shock! That said,
the way TB does things make more sense with each passing day.

Thanks again,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK