Wednesday, December 19, 2001, 7:47:12 PM, Dwight A Corrin wrote:

> On 19 Dec 2001, 1:27:23 PM, Geoff Lane wrote:

>> I suspected that my kludge was the only way. Unfortunately, that
>> doesn't preserve the received date -- so I can't rely on the
>> "timestamp" after editing the subject line.

> The ability to edit/annotate received messages would be a very useful
> addition. I have stated this before, and will state it again. It is
> one of the features I used to use in Eudora which I miss the most.

Hi Dwight,

Pit's idea really does work well. The only downside is that including
the memo column takes up some valuable horizontal real-estate. That
said, message memos are wonderful -- much better than anything I've
seen in the competition.

Not being able to edit the actual message does have some benefit. For
example, if you know that the message cannot be altered without
changing the "created" date, you have more confidence in the
authenticity of that message.

FWIW, I didn't know that message memos existed -- I have seen them in
no other mail package, so I wasn't looking for them here. Now that I
know they exist, I wonder how I ever did without them.

If you need to do more than jot a quick note, try the following to
edit the message (any part of it):

1. Drag the message to the Outbox.
2. In the Outbox, double-click the message to open it.
3. Edit, save, then close the message.
4. Drag the message back to its original folder.

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK