@ 08:53:09 +0100 [ Fri, 21 Dec 2001], Eddie Castelli [EC] wrote these
words of wisdom:
EC> Some days ago I had to move my TB!datas to a other drive due to
EC> lack of memory. Now I found that on all Accounts I lost my
EC> templates except on some particular folders. As I have generally
EC> kept my folder structure as is I wonder why or how this could
EC> happen.

How did you go about doing this?

The way you should do it, is to create folders in the desired new
location for each account. You then move the account data, by *first*
going into the account properties//files & directories. Go to the Home
directory option and browse to the new location for the account.
Select the folder you created and then hit OK. TB!, *not you*, will
then proceed to move the data to its new location.

You can try this with one of your smaller account to see what I mean.

If you do it manually, i.e., move the account data yourself, *and
then*, change the home directory to reflect the new location, you will
lose data, namely the templates. Your template data is overwritten by
new ones since TB! didn't have any established ones to move.

Sadly there's no way of retrieving the template data unless you did a
backup before starting. When I discovered this the hard way, I had
created backups.

--
    .-.-.
   (  :  )                   ©Allie C Martin