Alastair Scott wrote:

> Aha, an idea :)

> Go to the 'Account' menu, select the 'Properties ...' item, then
> select the 'Files & Directories' item in the left-hand pane then look
> at the drop-down box entitled 'By default encode attachments using'.
> Change the setting there to the opposite of what it's currently set to
> (there are two settings, 'MIME Base 64' and 'UU Encoding').

> Then try sending the file you were originally trying to send (in Word
> 2000 format). Does it work this time?

I  was  convinced  that must be it, but no, it doesn't work either.

TB  was  set  to  Base  64; Eudora was set to MIME, and Netscape to
the non-MIME  option,  something  like  "send  as  is" (I have the
Italian version, so I don't know the exact English name).

I changed TB to UUE, but it made no difference.

Then I tried zipping the file, and again it worked, so the file format
must have something to do with it.

Any more ideas?

--
Mary