Alastair Scott wrote:

> Last shot :)

> Is it only one particular file in Word 2000 format that's causing the
> stoppage, or can you repeat the problem with different files?

No, unfortunately I've had the same problem with various different
files, all in Word2000.

They're mostly files I've received from clients and translated;
Word2000 doesn't tell me if the file arrives from the client in Word98
format or Word2000, it just says Word doc. When I save the file, I
assume it's automatically saved in Word2000. It only tells me the
format if it's earlier than Word98, such as 6.0/95.

I've just tried sending a file which is definitely in Word98, because
I haven't worked on it since getting Word2000, and the send failed as
usual.

I then converted it into Word 6.0/95, and it sent OK.

The only workaround at present is to zip all attachments, but not all
my clients have (or want to get) Winzip.

I'm really wasting too much time on this problem, but I should be
sorry to stop using TB; I was impressed with how easily it imported my
old messages from Netscape (except for some which were in an .sbd
folder; it wouldn't fetch those), and I like a lot of its features.

I'd certainly be reluctant to go back to my old Netscape 4.51, which
is prehistoric by comparison, and I hear Netscape 6.0 isn't very
stable.

Does nobody have any more suggestions?

Pegasus? :-)

--