Hello Carren Stuart !

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 12:45:21 +1300 GMT your local time,
which was 26.01.2002, 00:45 (GMT+0100) where I live, you wrote:

[...]

> the plugin to me is no quicker and no more convenient
> that using the tray or hotkeys function.

As usual: that depends. I for example prefer to keep the decrypted
version of a message, because all my TB-Info is on a encrypted
partition (E4M, but you can use scramdisk or PGPdisk as well).
Advantage is, that I only need one passphrase to have access to all
decrypted versions and I can use the F7-search feature of TB.

But with TB we can realize almost every individual user environment,
can't we? ;-)

> Still, I think the plugin's action in this matter is far from ideal and
> not at all in keeping with a security function. I am no expert but why
> can't the unencrypted messages be read in a seperate viewer as they
> are when using PGP tray or GnuPG? Surely it can't be too difficult for
> the experts to get it to do that rather than to drop a copy in the
> folder.

Again, that depends. As I like to keep a decrypted message in my boxes
it would be more clicks to me than the way it is realised now.

But I agree: there could be an option in the using of the plugin:
PGPTray-/GPG-like view (secure viewer) or TB-standard view.

 Gerd
Using The Bat! Version 1.53t
PGP/GPG-Keys on request mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=send_key
Tutorial for using PGP with TheBat! www.pro-privacy.de
Intaxication:  Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts
 until you realize it was your money to start with.