If you want to send me--off list--your correspondence to and from Eric
Fookes, I'd be interested in reading it.  I have encountered none of
those problems, and I'm not even sure how they could develop.

MBA imports whatever .TBB files you want, separated or merged however
*you* tell it to do it, and then keeps it nameless, in memory,
until/unless you save it as an archive.  At that point, you can name
it whatever you want.  I have not had any of the naming problems you
described, in importing or exporting, single mailboxes or multiple.
(And all of this is just using the primary grid; it's all even more
adaptable using the subset grid.)

Generally speaking, I think exporting to .MSG messages is advisable
only if you want to forward messages on to someone else; it's an
Internet standard format.

JN