Sunday, January 27, 2002, 7:37:43 PM, Joseph N. wrote:

> If you want to send me--off list--your correspondence to and from Eric
> Fookes, I'd be interested in reading it.  I have encountered none of
> those problems, and I'm not even sure how they could develop.
---
Unfortunately, I deleted that correspondence. However, you can see the
first part of it in the Mailbag Assistant mailing list archives (topic:
Archiving The Bat!)

> MBA imports whatever .TBB files you want, separated or merged however
> *you* tell it to do it, and then keeps it nameless, in memory,
> until/unless you save it as an archive.  At that point, you can name
> it whatever you want.  I have not had any of the naming problems you
> described, in importing or exporting, single mailboxes or multiple.
> (And all of this is just using the primary grid; it's all even more
> adaptable using the subset grid.)
---
You could really help me out here. I could find no method of keeping
messages from different TB folders apart in MBA -- whatever I tried,
it used the filename as the name of the mailbox. Are you saying that
you can import TBBs into MBA and give custom mailbox names? If so,
could you please provide instructions -- I really would appreciate
them.

> Generally speaking, I think exporting to .MSG messages is advisable
> only if you want to forward messages on to someone else; it's an
> Internet standard format.
---
Agreed -- but I was grasping at straws. FWIW, I have a lot of respect
for Eric. I've used Super NoteTab (now NoteTab Light) for years and
IMO it's the most reliable and flexible text editor ever. When I
downloaded MBA, I expected great things. When all's said and done, MBA
does a fabulous job with OE and other lesser mailers. I just wish that
I could get it working with TB!

Eric suggested that Unix mailbox support may be in the next release of
MBA. For me, that would be utopia because I could then incrementally
archive to Unix mailboxes from TB and have the archives immediately
available in MBA.

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK