All:

How the heck is this *supposed* to work, anyway?  ^_-

I have tried setting a couple of folders, this one included, to
thread messages, using two settings:

2) Sorted by creation date, oldest at the top, newest at the bottom.

I get threaded messages this way, but the implementation is far from
what I'm looking for.  For example, when a new thread is started, and
several messages come in connected to that thread, deleting the top
message in the thread has no effect on the other messages.  Worse, it
jumps ahead of the sub messages in the thread to the next unread in
the next thread, leaving unread orphans that have to be dealt with.

Even worse, if that new thread with follow ups is the last unread
item in the folder, deleting the originating message causes the focus
to jump UP to the last read message.

So, how do you folks handle this?

One thing that would be nice is if I could expand ALL threads in a
folder with CTRL+ as is rumored to be possible.  I cannot.  For me,
this acts only upon a collapsed thread when that thread has the
focus.  Threads without the focus are unaffected by the command for
me.  Same with CTRL-.

However, fixing that apparent bug would not affect (one assumes) the
way in which the focus changes when the top message in any thread is
deleted.

Are there some settings I'm not aware of?

--
Best,

Yuki ^_^

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]