Alastair,

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, at 15:12:16 [GMT +0000] (which was 8:42 PM where I live) you
wrote:

AS> This will grind away and come back to the DOS prompt sooner or later.
AS> In my case it produces a considerable speed improvement, particularly
AS> in backing up and compressing folders.

In  my  case  (I  have not done a de-frag of the disk for over 2 months) and the
de-frag using contig was over in a jiffy. And gave the following report

     Number of files defragmented: 65
     Average fragmentation before: 1.56575 frags/file
     Average fragmentation after : 1 frags/file"

Can you throw light on the report on the level fragmentation the TB had ??

--
Warm regards,
Raj

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Performance Appraisal Terms And Their Real Meanings

 Loyal - Can't get a job anywhere else

Replied on Sunday, February 24, 2002 using TB Ver 1.54 Beta/39 on Windows 2000