Big,

> What macro do I use to allow mail to be sent from bigpond, but to "appear' as
> sent from rivernet, so it is accepted by the mailing list?

I thought most list servers based themselves on your "From:" field? I've
never had a problem sending from anywhere (SMTP), just as long as my 'from'
field was the email address I registered with the list.

I don't understand the 'Bigpond' problem. Maybe you are trying to send
through it's pop3 server and it has a separate SMTP server, as most ISP's do
have. An SMTP server is also specific to the dial-up you use, so maybe this
is confusing you? You can't dial into x and expect to send email through
someone else's SMTP server, etc. I have loads of dial-ups and making sure
I'm on the right SMTP server was hassle. I solved it by using:
http://www.mailutilities.com/adr/
However you can do the same with:
http://www.postcastserver.com

Sort out your SMTP server (sending system) and all that is left is to be
sure you use the email address you registered in the "From" field.

Sorry if I'm missing the mark here. But you'll have to be a little clearer
as to your problem and your knowledge of how these things work for us to
comment further I think.

Charles Collinson