Hello Avenarius,

Saturday, April 6, 2002, 2:40:32 AM, you wrote:

> A Bat-fellow, Carsten Thönges,
> wrote on Saturday, 6th April 2002 at 03:23:17 (GMT +0200),
> which was ditto in Bratislava --

> SS>> [...] But F2 is supposed to be "Get New Mail" not "Send Now" - I
> SS>> don't even have combined delivery turned on, so I'm at a loss to
> SS>> understand why F2 sends my mail.

> CT> in the editor F2 means "Send mail". Hm, sort of usability bug IMHO and
> CT> a good reason to let TB! ask for "confirmation" of "immediate
> CT> sending" (account properties) ;)

> Hardly a bug, especially since now you can modify your shortcuts to
> whatever pleases you. Over the years, I have developed a loving
> relationship towards the F9 key: I love hitting it as many times as
> possible. So in all programs that allow it, I assign F9 to whatever
> action is most frequently needed for me while working in the program.
> And so, the same F9 key on my computer means "Move Message to..." in
> TB!'s main window, "Save Message" in TB!'s editor, "Copy Files" in
> WinCommander, and "Save All" in all of my text or html editors. (Now
> why doesn't Opera allow me to get rid of the obnoxious CTRL+F3
> shortcut for viewing source code?) I like the logic behind TB!'s
> employment of F2 depending on whether you're reading or composing mail
> -- it's one of the few default TB! shortcuts I've left untouched.

It seems strange to me that the same key would have opposite uses
depending on which screen you're on. Also, I can't find anything that
tells me F2 means Send Now in the editor window - the menu says the
shortcut is Ctrl-Enter, the help file says the shortcut is Shift-F2
(actually the help file reverses the Send Now and Queue in Outbox
shortcuts - presumably a typo). Neither refer to F2. In fact until I
discovered (2 minutes ago) the separate short-cut editor for the
editor window (I had foolishly assumed there would be only one for the
whole program), I couldn't figure out what was meant by "in the editor
F2 means "Send mail". I don't see how anyone would know that except by
stumbling across it by accident, as I did. In any case, it seems to me
that a single key "Send Now" command is a recipe for disaster - it's
way too easy to strike a single key by mistake. I've now disabled it,
but I think it's at least a design fault that the menus don't display
F2 as the shortcut for 'Send Now" (if only so that people who hit it
by mistake can figure out what happened to their message).

 Shauna                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]