Hello Fré!

On Thursday, April 25, 2002 at 5:02:38 PM you wrote:

> I'm new in TB! 1.60c and quite impressed by the detailed
> discussions you have in TBUDL. Could anyone explain this novice
> how to make a series of *different* new messages (one to
> friends, another one to business relations, et cetera) and how
> to store them somewhere?

There are different ways to achieve this.

1. Account templates (see under Account/Properties/Templates)
2. Folder Templates (Folder/Properties/Templates)
3. Address Book Templates (Properties for any contact or group you
entered)
4. Quick Templates (<Ctrl>+<Shift>+<q>)

The first category should be used for those messages you don't need
specific info or formatting for, that is, Account Templates are the
most general ones.

Folder Templates can be quite useful if you need quite general (but
more specific than AccTemp) templates for certain groups of messages
originating from different sources but linked by something (e.g.
business vs. private). But beware, the take precedence over AccTemp,
and if you are in the wrong folder, you may sent out a message with
the wrong template.

AB Templates are very good if you create them for every group or
contact you have. You can thus create individual messages for every
single person (even address) you have listed in your AB. Combined with
the last category you'll get a very versatile and easy to use system
of individual messages.

QTs can be used to create special templates for messages that are not
that often and may be evoked manually. They can also be inserted into
other templates. This is particularly handy if you have lots of
contacts but only a few different looking message templates for them.

I use about a dozen standard templates for new messages, replies,
forwarding in two different languages and two categories each (business
and private in German and English). Together with two QTs for my
signature (one formal, one less formal) that makes much less than 20
templates I may have to change, not dozens or even hundreds.

For details search help for the above mentioned templates, and look
under "macros". They are a powerful tool to make message creation
easy, flexible and mostly automatic.

--
Dierk Haasis
http://www.Write4U.de

PGP keys available: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.60g on Windows 95 4.0 1212 C

Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not
as they ought to be. (Ambrose Bierce)