Hello Colin!

On Friday, April 26, 2002 at 8:16:58 PM you wrote:

> The answer quite simply is that in the scheme of things hardly
> anybody uses PGP. Certainly no business contacts I e-mail do.

OK.

> For that reason alone I see s/mime as the preferred route, if indeed
> such a route is really necessary. Or am I missing something

Well, nothing that should be discussed here. The main point of PGP is
a bit more complex than the decision between WordPerfect and Word.
Since all of the issues have been dealt with and discussed (sometimes on
this list) I can just point you to, say, the Introduction to PGP by
Phil Zimmermann (you can get it on the Internet for free). And then
you have to make up your mind - either use it or not.

BTW, TB! offers the solution to use signing and encrypting (either
with PGP or S/MIME) selectively - defined through macros in templates,
or manually from menu.

--
Dierk Haasis
http://www.Write4U.de

PGP keys available: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.60g on Windows 95 4.0 1212 C

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am. (Derek Leveret)