On Sat, 4 May 2002, Yuki Taga wrote:

> Saturday, May 4, 2002, 9:40:47 AM, Lynn wrote:
>
> LT> The fetch hang seems to be fixed. My gratitude knows no bounds;
> LT> in the usual way of things my system is up 24/7, and the
> LT> rebooting was driving me nuts.
>
> I have never experienced this type of hang, but since version h, and
> now still at least twice with i, I have gotten an 'unable to connect'
> when trying to retrieve.  The work around is to kill and restart the
> connection; I always get in then, and I usually get in many times
> later.  But eventually I seem to get this 'unable' again (never on an
> initial connect, once in a while on subsequent attempts only).  I am
> inclined to believe this is some kind of a TB problem, although I do
> not notice anyone confirming this.
>
> Best,
>
> Yuki

I used to get a similar affect when I tried checking too close together...
As I have access to the mail server log files, I was able to see that I
was trying to force a connection to a locked mail box.  My old ISP held
onto lock files for at least 10 mins as well if you tried to cancel the
connection, or the connection got terminated abnormally.  Maybe this is a
similar kind of thing, and maybe TB! is possibly dropping the connection
abnormally for some reason.

I have noticed one thing with my version (1.60c I believe)... the log
messages appearing at the bottom (in the drop down list) are a little less
informative than they used to be... like "Server reported error: " or
something like that, and not actually display anything.

--
Jonathan Angliss
([EMAIL PROTECTED])