On Mon, 6 May 2002, tracer wrote:

> Hello Jonathan Angliss,
> On Sun, 5 May 2002 13:51:03 -0500 (CDT) GMT your local time,
> which was Monday, May 6, 2002, 1:51:03 AM (GMT+0700) my local time,
>
> > Many of the lists I am on have strict rules on HTML... and I've pretty
> > much applied them to the lists I run as well.  As one of the admins says
> > on one of the lists "email isn't the Web... drop the HTML" :)  I fully
> > agree with him.  Plus HTML is the most easiest way to spread viruses right
> > now (aka Klez), which I know TB! isn't affected by (as it doesn't execute
> > the code)... but it's just one more nail in the coffin for HTML emails ;)
>
> Well, I ended up yesterday with a Klez in my mailbox, sure was
> detected by my antivirus when I looked at it ...

We've had quite a few of them hit us... fortunately we're all up to date
on our virus scanners.  I've setup a virus filter on our main mail server
now as well, which should start to handle a few things.  Something that
surprises me, is the fact ISPs don't run virus scanners.  I'm sure that'd
probably vut down the speed at which these viruses spread.  Although I
guess there is a legal issue involved in scanning the emails... but I'm
sure they could squeeze that into the signup contract somewhere... 90% of
people never read it anyway... so they'd never notice ;)

--
Jonathan Angliss
([EMAIL PROTECTED])