Hello Chris,

On Thu, 23 May 2002 15:42:18 -0500 GMT (24/05/02, 03:42 +0700 GMT),
Chris Montgomery wrote:

CM> I have "delete received messages from server" checked under the
CM> Message Management section of the account properties for each of
CM> my four accounts. It deletes the mail most of the time, but
CM> usually not when I have lots of mail to download (200+, for
CM> example).

Depending on the POP-server software, the messages are only really
deleted from the server when you disconnect with the QUIT command. If
for some reason your connection is not as stable as you might think
and this QUIT command does not reach the server, the messages are not
deleted. The next time you connect, TB will start downloading from the
beginning (TOP).

Here is what I do: I have set TB to leave messages on server for 1
day. I don't need them on the server, but when I connect to download
messages, TB will check which messages it has already downloaded and
will not download them again. This even works if you have already
deleted the downloaded message! (I believe TB stores the UIDL
somewhere, but I don't know where.)

By leaving messages on server, you won't receive any dupes.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

"Domino vobiscum." (Latin for: The pizza guy is here.)

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.60k
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM