Hi Thomas,
On Sat, 25 May 2002 13:36:06 +0700, you wrote:

> Hello Reza,
>
> On Fri, 24 May 2002 15:29:46 -0400 GMT (25/05/02, 02:29 +0700 GMT),
> Reza Habib wrote:
>
> RH> Foxmail has a built in smtp server so it will relay your mail to the
> RH> host directly, bypassing the isp.  That would be a really cool feature
> RH> for TB to adopt.
>
> You need to stay connected until the mail is actually delivered. Out
> of the question for me on per-minute dial-up. Same holds true for an
> SMTP server on my machine.

So what is the difference between running an SMTP server on your host, and
connecting to that, verses connecting to your ISPs SMTP?  Both would take
roughly the same amount of time.  Unless you're running the SMTP locally, in
which case when you send mail, you can get it to queue the mail until you next
connect, and when it next connects, fires off the email to the relevant hosts.

--
Jonathan Angliss
([EMAIL PROTECTED])