Marck,

I'm a bit confused. I'm running AVG, and it's doing *really* well at
trapping the Eicar test virus (maybe too well ;). Whenever I click on
the .com version to attach it to an e-mail, the low-level portion of
AVG turns my screen black and gives me what looks like a DOS-generated
message asking if I should enable access. Even if I say I want to
enable access, AVG won't permit the attachment to happen. (Don't think
it's the plugin catching this, because the same process happens if I
try to open the .com file with a text editor.) This is a good thing,
but it's preventing me from testing incoming e-mail.

But when I try to use the link Oleg Titov shared earlier
(http://www.aleph-tec.com/eicar/) to send the Eicar test virus, The
Bat! with the plugin installed and configured doesn't even (excuse the
pun) bat an eye. I'm keeping attachments with messages. And at this
point, I'm less confident the plugin is really working than when I
started. Any ideas?

-Don

Running The Bat! Version 1.60m on Windows 98 Build 2222